Gimme some space in UB!

People often ask me here: "Are you a tourist or are you working here?" I'll scramble out a white lie in reply. I doubt anybody would like it if I explain how, "I'm neither, and I’m too lazy and urbanized to commit myself to either.” Spoken like a true, hopeless New Yorker. Whatever it is, my itch of displacement here is for the better. I've realized why the mobs are so productively observable. This is because UB is full of "places," but in turn lacks good "space.” Space and place, that's probably the main difference between New York and UB. One of the things that bothers me is how the energy dies out in UB past midnight as if everything was just a staged act. A month here has been making me crave for spaces that don't live up to any kind of expectation. I never thought I’d live to say this, but UB needs less bars and more space, not spaces which take two hours to get to.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog