Harumafuji takes the Emperors Cup

Mongolian native sumo wrestler, Yokozuna Harumafuji won his 6th Emperor`s Cup after a fight with fellow Yokozuna Hakuho.

Both Mongolian grand champions went into the final with a 13-1 record on the last day of the Kyushu Grand Sumo Tournament in Fukuoka on Sunday November 24th, 2013.

Harumafuji pushed quickly and forced Hakuho out of the ring. It was settled in a matter of seconds as Hakuho`s foot went out of over the edge of the ring causing the champion to forfeit the match.

Yokozuna Harumafuji was previously slammed by sumo advisers as his running was unsuitable in competition for the rank of four basho since his disastrous debut performance in January 2013.

The Sixth time winner of the Emperor`s Cup, Yokozuna Harumafuji, shared his feelings about the match; “I did not know Hakuho`s foot went out over the edge. I was thinking the final bout would be redone. But I was relieved when I was given the point when the bout ended. I have had several injuries and problems since the basho in January. But I competed with the support of the people who help me during this time. I want to thank them. The only words I have to say is thank you, all of you. I wish good health to all of you on behalf of sumo wrestlers. I will try my best in 2014.”

SOURCE OF THIS ARTICLE : News.mn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog