2 Boys Emerge as the “Mongolian 7th Billion Children”

At 1:49:23 AM (GMT +8,) Ulaanbaatar-Mongolian time, the National Statistical Office of Mongolia has informed us that the world population has reached 7 billion.


During this moment, mothers from every corner of the world were celebrating newborn babies as “7th Billion Children.” In Mongolia, 21 babies were born during this time, and 2 of them were born before 1:49:50 AM, only a 37 second difference from the time of the announcement.

L. Deedentsetseg gave birth to a son and a mother named B. Enkhtuvshin gave birth to another boy in Orkhon aimag. They will receive consecrations on National Statistical Day, November. 11.

We visited Ms. Deedentsetseg, at the National Maternity Center. She works as the Deputy Chief of the Cargo Department at Ulaanbaatar Railway Station. Her son weighs 3.1 kilograms, with a height of 50 centimeters.

Congratulations on becoming the mother of the “Mongolian 7th Billion Child.” When did you get the news?

-Thank you. Today, many people called me on the phone and congratulated me. First I heard about it on C1 Television. It seems that they have been counting the time until the birth of the 7 billionth children.

They came to visit me on the day I gave birth to my son. They were giving out questionnaires that night to the mothers who were giving birth. I was too tired to give much thought into it but then my son became one of the “Mongolian 7th Billion Children.”

I’m sure your family is very happy about this. How many children do you have?

-Yes, they are. My in-laws are very happy, too. I have a daughter, and after nine years, I gave birth to my son.

Did you known the gender of your child beforehand?

-No. I have always told the doctors not to tell me the gender of my baby.

Have you given your son a name?

-I haven’t thought of a name. My family has been suggesting various different names, though. Before, my uncle gave my daughter her name. I’ll talk with my family and will give a meaningful name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog