Former USCA standout Brown to play in Mongolia

Former USC Aiken men’s basketball standout Alvin Brown will begin his international career in Mongolia with the Erdene Drilling Rigs of the National Super League. Brown left Sunday evening for his new team.

During his time with the Pacers, Brown was twice named the Peach Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year. A key part of last year’s team that had a school-record 33 wins and a Final Four appearance, Brown led Division II with 4.11 blocks per game.

Brown tied the Elite Eight record for blocks in a game when he stuffed eight in the victory over Chico State. For the season, he swatted 144 shots, reaching double figures in wins over P.R.-Mayaguez and Young Harris. He blocked five or more shots 12 times during his senior season. Brown was named to the NCAA Southeast Region all-tournament team.

When he begins playing for the Rigs, it will be his fourth team during his rookie campaign.

“It has been a journey. There have been ups and downs, but I’m staying focused. I’ve learned so much from every place that I’ve been,” Brown said. “I’m going to give it my all. The Rigs were looking for a defensive big man and I feel that I fit what they are looking for.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog