Ch.Sodtuya: I did not announce that I was retiring from the fashion industry

The director of Asian Model agency and model, Miss Ch.Sodtuya is respected with her wide knowledge as a model. She majored in fashion designer, and finance, and got her MA in business administration from the National University of Mongolia. She has been modeling since the age of 13 and has been running her own business since 2007. She has given interview to Zuunii Medee newspaper and below is the translation. -You are well known as a model, but you were named as National Top Young Director. Please share your impressions with us.

-First of all, Happy New Year to the readers. I am happy to be named as “National Top Young Director” from the event Altan Soyombo organized through the Politics and Management Academy. The award gave me encouragement to work harder in the future. I could not have been awarded had it not been for my co-workers and trainees. Our trainee models Kh.Badamtsetseg and I.Tugsuu were awarded in International Miss Competitions. They also granted with awards in International Miss Contests in China and other three countries in years of 2007 and 2010.

-Any award comes with responsibility. Have you planned many things to do this year?

-Of course. I have many things planned. We are organizing a beauty course aimed at providing girls with information and knowledge on beauty and how to care for themselves in rural areas. We will hold a beauty contest among them and the winning girls will be granted with certificate to participate in internal and external beauty competitions. Our agency also started working with the French firm “Rostang.” In a competition preparing models around the world, a girl Baljidmaa from Uvurkhangai province took first and was granted with a certificate to run her pictures in the spread of magazines Elle and Vogue. She also got certificates to participate in runway shows in Vietnam, France, and Japan. It is an endless effort working in rural areas to find beauties from all around the nation.

-Seeing models walking in runway shows seems like an easy thing to do. What is the work like

-It is hard work. Besides modeling, models must gain knowledge, because we cannot be successful by knowing how to model alone. Our model agency has organized several events and competitions for developing model skills nationwide. In general, one can live fancy life if one works hard. In this competitive time, models are required to possess so many skills.

-What advice do you give to the trainee models and new models?

-We offer a course at our model agency to provide moral education and how to take care of themselves by keeping a healthy lifestyle. We want them to become people who are setting example to others with their inner and outer beauty by taking courses at our model agency. I want to say to the aspiring girl and boy models, have faith in your goal and be consistent. Fashion and modeling industry require so much persistence and hard work from the people who want to survive in this industry. Achieving success depends on you. You are the reason and core for your success.

-These days, young girls are caring less for inner beauty. Please tell your opinion on this.

-In contrast, I think they started caring more about their inner beauty. Our courses aim to make them understand how important inner beauty is. In my opinion, being beautiful equally depends on both inner and outer beauty. Not just girls, but it is right for boys to learn about inner and outer beauty.

-You retired from fashion industry relatively earlier compared to other models. Why don’t you participate in Goyol Fashion Festival?

-I have not announced officially that I am retiring from this industry yet. Today, I have no time and interest to take part in modeling contests compared to my early years. I have more important things to do and put my time into. Of course, I want to participate in modeling and beauty contests that are important. Models from our agency are planning to participate in Mongolian cultural events which are going to be held in Japan and Thailand. In those events, I will participate in runway shows as well.

-There are top models who are at the age of over 40 are still in this industry. Do you want to be in this industry even after you turn the age of forty.

-I respect my senior models who are still in this industry. I am always on stage whether it is runway or lecture, so I do not have as much ambition as they do.

-What title do you prefer to be called, Miss Sodtuya or Model Sodtuya?

-I received so much interest in doing philanthropy work after becoming a Miss. One of the biggest opportunities that I had in my life was participating in Miss Mongolia 2004 when I was 17 years old. Being Miss and being model are so different. I like being called by both of them, so I work hard not to let people down.

-You are the youngest daughter in your family. Do you resemble your mother or father more?

-Our family members are very tall. I have one older brother and I am the youngest. My mother is music teacher and I can barely be considered to have grown up in family surrounded with art and music. I grew up in a family where there is so much love and support, similar to a fairytale. My brother is a university professor and so is my dad.

-During contests, you always are accompanied by your mother. She must be your best friend as well.

-My mother is the reason that I am here. When I was studying as fashion designer, my mother helped me to design clothing. She used to design clothes to us when me and brother were kids. She always supported me that is why I have become confident and positive person. I always try my best to be close with the parents of our trainees and give them advice that I think they might help them.

-It is common for the women who are in the public eye to be linked to famous business men.

-It depends on the person’s knowledge and education. A person with poor knowledge has different way to live. I always tell trainee models to be independent financially and get well-educated until the age when you separate your ways from your parents. I tell the girls that one should choose loved ones over rich ones when it comes to your life partner or husband. For me, I chose my husband because I love him.

-You have a daughter of your own. You must spend much time to your daughter.

-Frankly speaking, recently, I spend very little time with my daughter as I work from morning to late at night. Instead of me, my parents are giving as much love as I would give to my daughter. On weekends, I spend time with my daughter. Soon she will turn the age of four.

-Thank you for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog