Mongolian circus artiste makes it to Mollywood

After winning both National and State awards for his debut venture, North 24 Kaatham, filmmaker Anil Radhakrishnan Menon is ready with his next outing.

Titled Sapthama Sree Thaskaraha, the movie will see actors Prithviraj, Asif Ali, Sreenath Bhasi, Nedumudi Venu, Nyla Usha along with a Mongolian circus artiste, Flower Battsetseg, play pivotal roles. “The film will be a satire, with a lot of scope for humour. There is no slapstick comedy used here, and it will be different from my first outing,” says Anil.

Interestingly, the director spotted Flower at a circus event that took place at Thalassery. “She is from Mongolia and is married to a Manipuri guy. I was on the lookout for a suitable character for my film for long. I happened to take my son for the circus and there I saw her performing an act. She has the kind of grace and perfection that I was looking for the character in my film,” says the director. So, how will she deliver her dialogues in Malayalam? “She doesn’t have any dialogues. I am sure through sign languages I will be able to make her act in my film, which is going on floors later this month at Ottapalam,” says Anil.

The director is tight-lipped about the role of other actors. “All the actors are normal human beings who do something extraordinary in the film,” is all he is willing to reveal at the moment.

Shruti Karthikeyan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog