Winners of 2014 National Naadam Festival's Ikh Nas Horse
July 13 (infomongolia.com) The fourth horse racing competition of Ikh Nas (horses over 5-year old) as sport event of the 2014 National Naadam Festival celebration took place after the Stallion horse racing at Khui Doloon Khudag valley in Tuv Aimag on July 11, 2014.
Th e Ikh Nas race for about 25 km brought 325 horses, where “Khul” horse from Capital City came in the first and the first five horses or "Airgiin Tav" are as following.
"Airgiin Tav" or winners of the first 5 places of Ikh Nas category:
1. “Khul” Ikh Nas trained by Ayur AMARBAT, resident of Khan-Uul District of Ulaanbaatar, rode by jockey Otgonbaatar NAMKHAINYAMBUU, 14 years old age;
2. “Suman Khuren” Ikh Nas trained by Aimag Famed Trainer Dorj BAYASGALAN, resident of Bayan-Undur Sum, Orkhon Aimag, jockey Dolgorsuren MUNKHBAT, 10;
3. “Zagal” Ikh Nas trained by Aimag Famed Trainer, Director of "Khukh Chono" Group Ulziikhutag PUREVBAATAR, resident of Songinokhairkhan District, Ulaanbaatar, jockey Batbileg BUYANDELGER, 9;
4. “Khuren” Ikh Nas trained Aimag Famed Trainer Sosor MUNKHBAT, resident of Khuld Sum, Dundovi Aimag, jockey Bolormaa BYAMBA-ERDENE, 11;
5. “Khuren” Ikh Nas trained by Gonchigjav MUNKHSAIKHAN, resident of Erdenebulgan Sum, Arkhangai Aimag, jockey Enkhtaivan ENKHTAMIR, 12.
Winners of 2014 National Naadam Festival's Soyolon Horse Racing
July 13 (infomongolia.com) Today morning on July 12, 2014, the "Soyolon" (five-year old) horse racing competition took place at Khui Doloon Khudag valley in Tuv Aimag.
In this race, 254 fastest horses from all 21 Aimags and Ulaanbaatar have been raced for about 23 km.
"Airgiin Tav" or winners of the first 5 places of Soyolon category:
1. “Khaltar” Soyolon trained by Aimag Famed Trainer Ganzorig TEMUULEN, resident of Ikh Tamir Sum of Arkhangai Aimag, this horse came in the first in its Daaga-age race at the National Naadam Festival three years ago;
2. “Sartai Zeerd” Soyolon trained by Distinguished Trainer Dambadarjaa ONON, resident of Sergelen Sum, Tuv Aimag;
3. “Nogoon” Soyolon trained by Aimag Famed Trainer Jadambaa BAT-ERDENE, resident of Khutag-Undur Sum, Bulgan Aimag;
4. “Khuren Buural” Soyolon trained by Merit Trainer Tuvaanjav GANTUMUR, resident of Khaliun Sum, Govi-Altai Aimag;
5. “Khul” Soyolon trained by Purevdorj TSEVEGMED, resident of Bayandun Sum, Dornod Aimag.
Winners of 2014 National Naadam Festival's Daaga Horse
July 13 (infomongolia.com) The "Daaga" (Colt or two-year old) horse racing competition for about 11 km was held among over 280 colts at Khui Doloon Khudag valley and the "Airgiin Tav" or winners of the first 5 places of Daaga race are as follows.
"Airgiin Tav" of Daaga category:
1. “Kheer” Daaga trained by Distinguished Trainer Khadbaasan BAT-ERDENE, resident of Sharga Sum, Govi-Altai Aimag;
2. “Kheer” Daaga trained by Khurelbaatar ULAM-URNUKH, resident of Buren Sum, Tuv Aimag;
3. “Khar Bor” Daaga trained by Distinguished Trainer Dagvadorj GANBAATAR, resident of Govi-Altai Aimag;
4. “Khul” Daaga trained by Aimag Famed Trainer Jambalsuren BAT-ERDENE, resident of Khalzan Sum, Sukhbaatar Aimag;
5. “Khuren Zeerd” Daaga trained by Aimag Famed Trainer Badamgarav BADRAA, resident of Dalanzadgad Sum, Umnugovi Aimag.
Winners of 2014 State Naadam Festival's National Archery Tournament
July 13 (infomongolia.com) The national archery tournament in Khalkh style concluded on its third day held on July 10-12, 2014, where in the Men's category a total of 280 shooters and in the Women's category 80 archers have participated.
In the three-day Men’s category competition held at archery field next to Central Stadium, Ulsyn Mergen (State Champion in the National Archery) L.Otgonbayar won the tournament for his consecutive third year and achieves State Gots Mergen title.
In the Women’s category, Gots Mergen Kh.Oyunchimeg winning the tournament for the fourth time gains State Garamgai Mergen title.
Winners of the 2014 National Archery Tournament
I place: Garamgai Mergen L.Otgonbayar, 34 points
II place: Sports Master B.Batbayar, 34 pts
III place: Sports Master N.Ulziisaikhan, 33 pts
IV place: G.Bayarsaikhan, 32 pts
V place: Ulsyn Mergen G.Yondon, 32 pts
VI place: Sports Master A.Turtogtokh, 32 pts
VII place: Khoshoi Mergen B.Nyamsuren, 31 pts
VIII place: Khundet Mergen V.Sumiyabasukh, 30 pts
I place: Garamgai Mergen Kh.Oyunchimeg, 33 pts
II place: Ulsyn Mergen D.Norjmaa, 33 pts
III place: Sports Master O.Chinzurkh, 32 pts
IV place: I.Tsetsegmaa, 31 pts
V place: Sports Master, Aimag Mergen Ch.Gandavaa, 31 pts
VI place: Sports Master B.Puntsagdulam, 31 pts
VII place: Sports Master I.Munkhnasan, 30 pts
VIII place: Buryat Style Gots Mergen, Ulsyn Mergen S.Enkhtungalag, 30 pts
"Mongolia in Deel 2014" Festival
July 13 (infomongolia.com) As part of continuous of the National Naadam Festival celebration, the Deeltei Mongol (Mongolians in Traditional Costumes - Deel) cultural parade was organized at Chinggis Square, Ulaanbaatar on July 13, 2014.
The event is organized for the consecutive eighth year that proposed to promote Mongolian culture of its traditional costume, customs and heritage, moreover to engrain our future generation and youth with feel of proud for traditional inheritance, besides to introduce Mongolian national costume exquisite design to foreigners.
Previous “Mongolia in Deel” parades used to organize in association with tourist companies, so this year’s event mostly involved cultural and art organizations, and as customary the Best Couple in Deel, Youngest Participant as well as Best Foreigner in Deel contestants were organized.
At the beginning of the 2014 Deeltei Mongol, official presenting ceremony of Toyota Land Cruiser 200 SUV to Namsraijav BATSUURI was held, winner of the traditional wrestling tournament of Mongol Naadam, who achieved a state title of “Ulsyn Asrlan” or State Lion after Ninth Round out of 512 wrestlers.
After which opening remarks were presented by authorities, where Governor of the Capital City and Mayor of Ulaanbaatar E.Bat-Uul, Deputy Prime Minister D.Terbishdagva, Naadam Festival Organizing Committee Secretary Yo.Gerelchuluun, CEO of East Asia and Oceania Division Toyota Motor Corporation Toshiro Hidaka, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Ts.Oyungerel and other officials were present.
Speech by President of Mongolia Ts.Elbegdorj at Closing of National Naadam Festival 2014
July 13 (infomongolia.com) Speech by the President of Mongolia Ts.Elbegdorj at the Closing of the National Naadam Festival 2014:
My dear fellow countrymen,
In these beautiful summer days of sun, rain and bloom, the Mongol people have proudly and blissfully celebrated our great national festivity, the Naadam.
Our wrestlers were strong and deft. The cheer of our children riding our fast horses was lively, and our horses, were tended masterfully to attain great speed. Our archers were accurate and precise. The great national Naadam incited the vigor and pride of the Mongol people for it is the very essence of Mongol culture. It is the mirror of Mongol history, of Mongol mind, of Mongol identity.
We Mongolians foster a dear goal, firm resolve and genuine verve to consolidate our past with solid achievements of the present and harness our prosperous future. Cherishing our independence and freedom, honoring harmony and justice, cognizant of duty and accountability, and aware of the historic importance of the time we live in for the development of our country, let us, the Mongolians, do our best in all our fair efforts and aspirations.
From the high rostrum of the great Mongol Festivity, looking forward to the next year’s celebration, I announce the Naadam 2014 closed.
May every Mongolian enjoy a sound health, clever mind, seasoned education and a joyful spirit.
May the Eternal Blue Sky Grace You all.Link to article