Vice Speaker meets NGO delegation
Ulaanbaatar, July 30 (MONTSAME) A Vice Chairman of the State Great Khural (parliament) M.Enkhbold received Tuesday a delegation led by Mr Kim Dae-won, a general manager of South Korea’s “Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light” NGO.
Mr Kim thanked the Vice Speaker for the audience and briefed on activities of the NGO. "It has been founded by Man Hee Lee, a Korean War veteran and renowned peace advocate, after his involvement with numerous volunteer associations, seeing the need for a group whose central focus was to unite the people of the world behind the goal of peace irrespective of any apparent differences among themselves," Mr Kim said.
The NGO delegation invited the Vice Speaker to a first meeting of the World Association of Religions for Peace which is expected this September in Seoul, South Korea.
Standing committee members visit our General-Consulates in Russia
Ulaanbaatar, July 30 (MONTSAME) A parliamentary delegation headed by Ts.Oyunbaatar, a chair of the Standing committee on security and foreign policy, visited Russia’s Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude cities on July 22-28.
The working group included Ts.Tsolmon MP and officials from the Standing committee's administration. Our delegation legged the General Consulates of Mongolia in these cities to familiarize themselves with the matters concerning the work, conditions and apartments for officials, and to talk with the consular officials.
The latter said their work has been improving thanks to an increase in number of travelers between the two countries, for example, only in Ulan-Ude they render services to 69 thousand 729 people within the last five years.
The parliamentary delegation got au fait with the consular services such as issuing invitations and visas to Russian and foreign citizens, studied the budget performances, current expenses and investments of the General-Consulates, and then gave to them concrete proposals and directions.
As of today, about 2,000 Mongolians are living in subjects of the Russian Federation, covered by these two General-Consulates. A number of the Mongolians who committed crimes has declined thanks to the improvement of the services, the consular officials said," we give them legal assistance".
The Standing committee delegation appreciated actions of the General Consulates and decided to submit some proposals to related Standing committees through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Mongolia-China business forum will take place
July 30 (news.mn) Mongolia-China Business Forum will be held at Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MNCCI) on Thursday July 31st. Mongolia-China Business Forum will be organized by Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Ulaanbaatar City Governor`s Office, Embassy of China in Mongolia, and Liaoning Provincial People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries to boost bilateral economic relations.
At the forum Chinese business representatives lead by Deputy of Liaoning Provincial People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries will be present.
Mongolia-China Business Forum will start at Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry at 10.00 pm on Thursday.
Mongolian chess-players head to 41st World Chess Olympiad
July 30 (news.mn) Mongolian national chess team Wednesday leaves for the 41th World Chess Olympiad in Tromso Norway between August 1-14th.
Mongolian national chess team captain is the first deputy president of Mongolian chess association, sports master Ch.Chuluunbaatar.
National men team is trained by national chess team coach, grand master D.Sharavdorj, and women`s team is trained by the first deputy president of Mongolian chess association, sports master Ch.Chuluunbaatar.
Mongolian chess team:
1. Grand master Ts.Batchuluun /Bayankhongor, National chess team, Aldar sports committee, Zuunii shatar club/
2. Grand master B.Gundavaa /Uvurkhangai, National chess team, Shunkhlai group/
3. International master G.Munkhgal /Uvurkhangai aimag/
4. International master N.Battulga /Khangarid sports club /
5. Grand master B.Khatanbaatar /Zavkhan aimag, Bayangol dist /
1. Grand master B.Munguntuul /Zavkhan aimag, National chess team, Aldar sports committee /
2. Grand master T.Batchimeg /National chess team, Monchess club, Suld sports committee/
3. International master U.Lhamsuren /Govi-Altai aimag, Khan Altai chess club /
4. International master B.Ankhchimeg /Arkhangai aimag, Mobicom group /
5. Sports master B.Bayarmaa /Khovd aimag, New progress group /
Mongolia chairs United Nations Environment Assembly for 2014-2016
July 30 (news.mn) Monday`s cabinet meeting allowed Foreign Affairs Minister L.Bold to add number of diplomatic officials from Mongolia to Permanent Representative Office to the United Nations (UN) with two-year period considering the need to work closer with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) due to Mongolia was elected to chair the United Nations Environment Assembly for 2014-2016 .
Also the Minister of Environment and Green Development S.Oyun was authorized to appoint a representative of Mongolia to the UNEP Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya with a two-year period.
Mongolia was elected to chair the United Nations Environment Assembly during the first United Nations Environment Assembly that was held in Nairobi Kenya on June 23-27, 2014.
Cabinet Meeting of Government of Mongolia, July 28 2014
July 29 (infomongolia.com) The Cabinet meeting of the Government of Mongolia was previously announced to be held in Khuvsgul aimag but not taking place in there due to the current load of the Government and it was regularly held in Ulaanbaatar city on July 28th, 2014.
- The Deputy Prime Minister of Mongolia D.Terbishdagva made a report to the Parliament members regarding the recent National Naadam Festival 2014 which dedicated to the 2,223rd Anniversary of the Mongolia's First Statehood, the 808th Anniversary of the Great Mongol Empire and the 93rd Anniversary of the People's Revolution.
- The related issues were held forth regarding the official visit of the Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Jemil Chichek which was taken place between June 23 and June 26, 2014 in Mongolia and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia L.Bold has obliged to take this issue into consideration through the upcoming regular meeting of the National Security Council of Mongolia.
- The resultative conclusion were issued regarding the official visit of the President of the Republic of Latvia Andris Berzins which was held between June 11 and June 13, 2014 in Mongolia and the Minister of Foreign Affairs L.Bold has also obliged to take this issue into account through the upcoming regular meeting of the National Security Council of Mongolia.
- During the Cabinet meeting, the MP’s also considered that the first session of the Mongolia-Poland Intergovernmental Committee meeting has resulted with positive influences which was held on June 24, 2014 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia and the Head of Mongolia part of the Mongolia-Poland Intergovernmental Committee and the Deputy Minister of the Economic Development O.Chuluunbat is obliged to take and control required implementation measures for further actions in accordance with the related approval from the Cabinet meeting of the Government accordingly.
- The Government approval was also made on allocating the additional required fund worth 1.9 billion MNT from the Economic Development Bank of Mongolia for ongoing 10.65km Undurkhaan-Choibalsan concrete road structure which planned to be built with complete engineering system across the center of Choibalsan city with 9m width including the concrete road safety barrier, sewerage collection and disposal system, power grid lines and roadway lighting as a part of the Khentii-Dornod 95.4km mega road construction project.
Standing committee members meets students in Russian Irkutsk
Ulaanbaatar, July 30 (MONTSAME) A parliamentary working group headed by Ts.Oyunbaatar, a head of the Standing committee on security and foreign policy, has met Mongolian students who study in the East Siberia State University of Technology and Management.
This meeting took place in frames of the working visit the parliamentary delegation paid to Russian Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude cities late July.
The students, who are studying there in line of the contract of our Ministry of Justice, spoke about their life and asked the parliamentary officials to pay more attention to those studying abroad both with governmental scholarships and private expenses and to provide them, especially first-year ones, with proper recommendations and advice so that to prevent them from crimes or other problems.
MPs meet legislative body authorities of Buryiatia and Irkutsk
Ulaanbaatar, July 30 (MONTSAME) Within the visit to Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude of Russia, the parliamentary working group headed by Ts.Oyunbaatar, a chair of the Standing committee on security and foreign policy, has met with administrative officials of the legislative bodies.
The sides exchanged views on the friendly ties and cooperation between the State Great Khural of Mongolia and parliaments of Irkutsk and Buryatia.
Present at the meeting were L.M.Berlina, a chair of the Legislative Congress of Irkutsk oblast; V.A.Pavlav, a deputy chairman of the People’s Khural of Buryatia; V.Ye.Irildeev and Ts.B.Batuev, heads of the Standing committees; and V.B.Erdyneev, a head of the parliamentary office.Link to article