10 Maya Angelou Quotes To Celebrate International Women's Day

Today, March 8, is International Women’s day. This is a day in which women all around the world celebrate the beauty of our gender. It is a day that has been observed since the early 1900’s. In some countries this day is compared to Mother’s day in the sense that children give presents to mothers and grandmothers. It is an official holiday in countries like Cambodia, Cuba, Russia, Zambia, Vietnam, Uganda, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Mongolia, Montenegro, among others and on this day in these countries men honor the important women in their lives.

Maya Angelou is a woman who has inspired many women with powerful poems and quotes about different topics relevant to women all around the world. On this day, let these quotes be an inspiration. With that being said, here is a list of 10 Maya Angelou quotes to celebrate International Women’s Day.

“It’s the fire in my eyes,

And the flash of my teeth,

The swing in my waist,

And the joy in my feet.

I’m a woman

Phenomenally.” --Maya Angelou

“It's in the click of my heels,

The bend of my hair,

the palm of my hand,

The need of my care,

'Cause I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me. ” –Maya Angelou

“Pretty Women Wonder Where My Secret Lies, I’m Not Cute Or Built To Fit A Fashion Models Size.” –Maya Angelou

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” –Maya Angelou

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” –Maya Angelou

“While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation.” –Maya Angelou

“If you only have one smile in you give it to the people you love.” –Maya Angelou

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” –Maya Angelou

“All great achievements require time.” –Maya Angelou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog